Home > Opportunities
Request for Proposals/Qualification
REPORTS TO: Senior Secretary/Public Information Coordinator
Assistant Executive Director
SCOPE: This is a professional position which performs receptionist, clerical, and administrative duties in support of RC administrative operations.
RELATIONSHIP: This position interacts with the Executive Director, Assistant Executive Director, the Senior Secretary/Public Information Coordinator, agency staff members, the general public and other callers to the RC.
• Greet visitors and answer telephone; provide basic information and assistance; take messages; refer callers to appropriate staff;
• Provide typing, filing, copying, faxing, and binding assistance to RC staff;
• Maintain reception area, supply cabinets, filing cabinets and other public areas in neat and orderly fashion;
• Maintain appropriate mailing/contact lists of regular clients, committees, and other contacts;
• Assist other staff with word processing, spreadsheets, and other computer-related uses;
• Open, sort, and distribute mail;
• Maintain, monitor, manage, and keep an adequate inventory and supply of office products on hand at all times, including development and tracking of purchase orders;
• Clip newspapers and maintain files of region activities important to the RC and its local governments; and
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and competency in modern office practices and procedures, and computers and job related software programs (including Microsoft Office); skill in public and interpersonal relations; skill in use of copiers, scanners, fax machines, and other office equipment; ability to perform mathematical calculations commonly associated with the completion of high school; and ability to accept direction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
This position requires a technical college certificate or equivalent, or a high school diploma and one year experience.
To be considered for this position, send a resume at least three (3) references to:
Heart of Georgia Altamaha Regional Commission
Attention: Brett Manning
5405 Oak Street
Eastman, GA 31021
By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open until filled. Candidates for the position will be subject to a criminal background check, motor vehicle license verification, and pre-employment drug screening and skills assessments.
The Heart of Georgia Altamaha Regional Commission is an equal opportunity employer.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
It is the policy of the Heart of Georgia Altamaha RC to foster, maintain, and promote equal employment opportunity. The organization shall select employees on the basis of applicants' qualifications and without regard to age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or physical handicap. All persons expressing interest in employment with the Heart of Georgia Altamaha RC must furnish a current resume and other relevant information as requested.
Heart of Georgia Altamaha Regional Commission | Eastman & Baxley, Georgia
Serving the City and County Governments of
Appling | Bleckley | Candler | Dodge | Emanuel | Evans | Jeff Davis | Johnson | Laurens | Montgomery | Tattnall | Telfair | Toombs | Treutlen
Wayne | Wheeler | Wilcox
5405 Oak St.
Eastman, Georgia 31023
331 West Parker St.
Baxley, Georgia 31513
Copyright © 2014 Heart of Georgia Altamaha Regional Commission
E-VERIFY #: 346067 | Authorization Date: 7-26-10